gump-general mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: The Kaffe instance and ant-bootstrap
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 13:12:50 GMT
Dalibor Topic <robilad <at> kaffe.org> writes:

> I've had to solve a similart problem for bootstrapping ant with kaffe &
 jikes in
> kaffe-extras module of kaffe's CVS. There I've patched ant's bootstrap scripts
> for that [1] but of course setting env vars is more elegant ;)

And I can confirm that it works for me with Kaffe's CVS head. Since you're using
the normal debian packages, setting a few additional env vars should do the
trick for the bootstrap with kaffe:

#### extras for ant bootstrap with kaffe
##
## Use jikes with kaffe's class libraries on bootclasspath
export JAVAC=jikes-kaffe

## Jikes doesn't like javac.source=1.2 in build.xml, but only accepts 1.3 or 1.4
export ANT_OPTS="-Dbuild.compiler=jikes -Djavac.source=1.3"

The next issue I had was a bug in GNU JAXP's lookup of SAX parsers. Thanks to
gump for making it easy to spot! ;)

With the issue fixed in my local kaffe tree, ant bootstraps fine and dies on ant
build die to missing configuration bits: xml-apis, and xml-xalan. That's my next
target ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic