gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: Gump and APR
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:21:52 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>I'll try to get some minimal <make> builder working next week to see
>>where we get.
>
> I've created <configure> and <make> builders and will try them on some
> minimal test workspace of mine tomorrow (hard to do some real tests
> without anything but http and smtp).
>
> What I did was some monkey-see monkey.do and I won't pretend I
> actually know what I've done 8-)  But I've seen a lot of cut-n-paste
> reuse (and even added to it), maybe I'll read more than just "Dive
> into Python" some day.

:-D

> What seemed to be the unit tests (in the gump/test dir) turned out to
> not work (imports some gump,core stuff that is nowhere to find).  I
> realized that when I tried to write my own tests.

I got some of them to work for me the other day.....lemme try and fix
that...bummer. Not now...

> Leo, I vaguely recall you added some test stuff, any pointers where I
> should start for my own tests?

well, the current stuff in python/gump/test uses a custom unit testing
package instead of the standard python 'unittest'. I got halfway through
changing our existing tests to use unittest, but ran out of time. Maybe
I'll get to it this weekend.

I just committed a fix to the 'gump' script I'd been working on. Doing a

	cd ~/svn/gump/trunk
	svn up
	./gump experimental-tests

should give you an idea of how to start with setting up tests. This runs
stuff in the src/py directory, since we still need to fix
python/gump/test to work with the bin/testrunner.py script.

./gump test

doesn't work atm though :/

cheers,

LSD