gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems running gump (both trunk and live)
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 15:30:40 GMT
Gareth Webbley wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I have had the same problem.  When executing a command the gump.py in the root
> directory (of gump) creates a list and passes that as the options to the
> command.  However the command is not expecting a list.
>
> The way I got around this problem was to cd to the cron directory and either
> run gump.sh in that directory or python gump.py.  There is another copy of
> gump.py in the cron directory which works differently to the one in the root
> directory.  I think this is the one used in the official runs.

correct!

the official gump runs with the cron/gump.sh script.

The status of the gump.py file in the root is *up in the air* at best
and totally untested for a lot of things. In short, it's a mess.

The internals of gump have not being changed (in fact it works as
before) but my user-friendly CLI work is not finished and I was
sidetracked by my day job + work on dynagump.

I'll get back to that soon since I now have dynagump in a state where I
need gump to start populating the relational database for real.

So, for now, use the cron script.... or you can help me out and fix the
bugs :-)

--
Stefano.