gump-general mailing list archives

From Peter Janes <pet...@liberate.com>
Subject Problems running gump (both trunk and live)
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:32:35 GMT
I've recently synced both the trunk and live branch of Gump (which are
identical as of revision 56892) and have a problem running both of them.  If I
execute "python2.3 gump.py build" I get the following traceback:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "gump.py", line 118, in ?
>     main(sys.argv)
>   File "gump.py", line 108, in main
>     getattr(command, "process")(options,arguments)
>   File "/home/pjanes/devel/tempo/thirdparty/gump-live/python/gump/commands/build.py",
line 41, in process
>     workspace = WorkspaceLoader(options.isCache()).load(ws)
> AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'isCache'

I think it's a scope problem--gump.core.run.options is imported, but the
process() method takes an argument named "options"--but I'm at a loss to
explain why my version doesn't run and the Apache one does.  Any takers?

Also, I notice that http://gump.apache.org/gettingstarted.html directs new
users to check out the trunk (i.e. potentially unstable) version instead of
the "live" branch.  Would it be more appropriate to send them to "live" instead?

Thanks,
Peter J.
--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski