gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project excalibur.xml
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:53:26 GMT
On Monday 22 November 2004 05:48, Brett Porter wrote:

> 1. Project had no jakarta-velocity dependency
> 2. Maven build started failing on velocity missing
> 3. jakarta-velocity was added to gump descriptor to correct, though
> excalibur doesn't need it.
>
> What probably happened was the local repository was flushed - it was
> originally set up to have a series of dependencies for plugins.

So IIUIC, one of the plugins that is used to build Excalibur needs Velocity?
And that you don't need to declare that in a POM normally, and this shows up,
since Maven is running -offline, and the plugin in question can't operate and
can't download...

So, i.e. there shouldn't be a velocity dependency in the Excalibur Gump
descriptor, but we should ensure that the Maven installation is proper.

> Who has access to brutus enough to help me start planning where to
> install Maven as it gets built so that other projects can use it? Adam
> was the main person I spoke to initially and has been very busy/quiet
> lately.

AFAIK, most people around here; Stefano, Adam, Stefan, me, Leo and probably
others.

Cheers
Niclas
--