gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] removing non-ASF leaves from the workspace
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:19:45 GMT
On Monday 01 November 2004 17:02, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> In effect, barcode4J acts as a testcase for its dependencies and you
> propose to remove that test. I understand the motivation, I'm not
> particularly concerned, but there is a potential downside, which I
> thought was worth noting.

Very good observation, and the importance of external dependees will increase
for Apache projects at a 'higher level', which don't have internal dependees.

This can OTOH still be achieved by discriminately not build from the external
project HEAD, and instead use release tagged snapshots. That provides IMHO
the best of both for the ASF side of the equation.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /