gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java package sealed?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:49:14 GMT
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> My theory:  Ant loads Jetty's version of servlet.jar in addition to
> the one from Jakarta.  The first one is sealed, the second one is
> first in the class loader and so we load the class from a different
> jar than the one that sealed it.

Theory confirmed.

I've managed to get my "traditional" Gump to try and build
cactus-framework-12 by "faking" Tidy.jar.  I've found two ways to
successfully build cactus:

(1) remove the Class-Path entry from org.mortbay.jetty.jar's
    MANIFEST.MF

(2) turning the "Sealed: true" into "Sealed: false" in Jetty's
    javax.servlet.jar's MANIFEST.MF.

Option (2) could easily be achieved by a property in Jetty's build
file.

Stefan