gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project ant.xml barcode4j.xml depot.xml excalibur.xml gump.xml j2ee-connector.xml jaas.xml jakarta-cactus.xml jakarta-velocity.xml jstl-jsp-12.xml jts.xml jython.xml mx4j.xml scarab.xml ws-axis.xml ws-juddi.xml wss4j.xml xml-xalan.xml
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 06:22:14 GMT
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> On 6 Oct 2004, <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>>       <ant basedir="proposal/xdocs" target="docs-from-scratch">
>>>  -      <jvmarg value="-Xmx256m"/>
>
> This is the only occurence of this in the entire repository.
>
> Why doesn't anybody else has a problem with this?

Since nobody else needs more memory than the default invocation of
Java provides?  This particular project runs xdoclet on all Ant source
files and the memory impact is quite visible.

>> should better be supported.
>>
>>>  -        <ant target="gump" debug="true">
>>>  +        <ant target="gump">
>> Is supported by Gump (the Python incarnation) IIRC.
>
> This was used in 3/4 descriptors.

I know.

> I really don't understand why it should be a descriptor/based thing.

Sometimes you simply don't get enough information about a build
failure without that.  For the people who don't run Gump instances
themselves, this is the easiest way to get into the details.

Stefan