gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jtidy
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:01:07 GMT
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > -- it is the last step before Cocoon, it seems. That, or somehow
>> > we need to tackle this list below.
>>
>> Brett, if we built all those plugins from source, would we be able
>> to use the freshly compiled versions of them in Maven using jar
>> overrides or something?  Or would this involve changing the Maven
>> installation?
>
> I'll give a more explanatory answer, but the short answer is that it
> doesn't require changing the Maven installation, so this should be
> easy enough.

Thank you for both answers.

> to gump, I imagine we never go near the second one, and only change
> the first one when we start building Maven from source.

OK.

> Since these ones are dependencies, they can be built using gump and
> handled as regular dependencies with jar overrides.

OK.

So we could add module/project descriptors for the plugins needed by
jtidy and add them as dependencies to jtidy.  I'd rather give this a
try than turn JTidy into a package, in particular since there doesn't
seem to be any king of JTidy release that could be a candidate for
such a package.

>> I'm very reluctant to make more parts of our build systems
>> "installed".
>
> Not exactly what you mean by installed here.

"installed package" in the Gump sense.  I want to build the build
system from source, whereever possible.

Stefan