gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project xml-apis.xml
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:47:59 GMT
On 29 Oct 2004, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:
>> > Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>
>> > I understood that xml-commons was supposed to be the
>> > official home.
>>
>> So do I.
>>
>> When we prepared the release of Ant 1.6.0 we realized that Xerces
>> wouldn't work with the 1.0beta2 release from xml-commons, so we
>> were forced to do something about it.  We ship the Xerces version
>> until xml-commons comes up with a release (which we asked for a
>> couple of times).
>
> However it is "XML Commons". All XML committers have
> commit access, so that they can do it there.

I think you are not critizing me or the Ant folks (the "we" in my
statements), but I want to make that clear.

Of course I'd think that Xerces would ship a released version of
xml-commons instead of a home-brewed.

Since they did not and since there still hasn't been a new release of
the xml-apis today, Ant was forced to ship what we had.

Stefan