gump-general mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject RE: Some progress on Fulcrum Component Builds!
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:29:40 GMT
I see!   This makes sense!  Never thought about the impact on name changes
on consumers of your code..  At least not in the way Gump is a consumer.
So, because I use a specific version of merlin-unit, I am fine in my
project.  I can't change it to avalon-merlin-unit until the next version
comes out.

However, because of the name change, and Gump using the latest and greatest,
my project doesn't know about the new version.

So, in these types of situations, should I just somehow setup a "package"
that I depend on, which would be the merlin-unit-3.3.0.jar version?

Alternatively, should Gump's record for avalon-merlin-unit be annotated with
all the prior names, so that at the end of the run it produces
avalon-merlin-unit-@@DATE@@.jar as well as merlin-unit-@@DATE@@.jar?

Or lastly,

Could we just make another project record and just copy everything it does
and change the last line to this:

 <project name="avalon-merlin-unit">
    <license name="central/system/license/LICENSE.TXT"/>
    <ant basedir="runtime/merlin/unit">
      <!-- for magic -->
      <property name="build.sysclasspath" value="last"/>
      <property name="magic.home" reference="home" project="magic"/>
      <property name="gump.signature" value="@@DATE@@"/>

<SNIP/>
    <!-- end for -->
    <home nested="runtime/merlin/unit/target/deliverables"/>
    <jar name="jars/merlin-unit-@@DATE@@.jar"/>
    <nag to="dev@avalon.apache.org"
       from="Magic Integration &lt;dev@avalon.apache.org&gt;"/>
  </project>