gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump Versions
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:07:52 GMT
Gareth Webbley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm relatively new to gump but have up until now been running the latest
> version of gump from the svn repository.  One of the first things that
> happens when Gump runs is that it gets the latest version of itself from svn.
> A couple of nights ago the gump version went from 2.1.0-alpha-003 to 2.2 at
> which point the build stopped working with the error message :-
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "gump.py", line 118, in ?
>     main(sys.argv)
>   File "gump.py", line 108, in main
>     getattr(command, "process")(options,arguments)
>   File "/src/external/cvs/gump/python/gump/commands/build.py", line 41, in
> process
>     workspace = WorkspaceLoader(options.isCache()).load(ws)
> AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'isCache'

The 'trunk' (aka 2.2 today) is not ready to go and should be considered
alpha.

> I have since seen on the Wiki that there is a separate branch (gump-live)
> which I have now checked out.

This is the version that runs on brutus.

> The version in here though is 2.02-alpha-0003.
> Also I notice that the build run on Brutus is still using the
> 2.1.0-alpha-0003 version.

I think that's because you run it from gump.py instead of running it
from cron/gump.sh

> How do I set up gump to run with the same version as Brutus and not update
> itself during the build?

checkout the "live" branch and run it from cron/gump.sh

sorry for the mess, I'm working to make things easier with a single (and
hopefully well commented) entry point.

--
Stefano.