gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] improve failure notification header
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:09:48 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> gump's messages often show up to me in my mail client as
>
> ---
> Subject                                                    From
>
> [GUMP@brutus]: Project excalibur-fortress-container-impl   Gump
>    (in mod..                                               Integration
>                                                            Build
> ---
>
> It would be nicer to have something like
>
> ---
> Subject:                                                   From
>
> Success: excalibur-fortress-container-impl (in module      GUMP (Brutus
>    excalibur)                                              instance)
> ---
>
> so I can see from looking at the subject line that I don't need to
> actually look at it. Right now I have to click on each message to read
> the full subject line.

Everything in gump suffers from the "data pollution" problem that there
is way more data than you really need.

I'm working to address the problem in three aspects:

  1) making logs less verbose and more interesting
  2) making email stand out and information easy to grasp at a glance
  3) making static web pages with more readable stylesheets and add some
charts of the history of the data

this without modifying the current architecture.

the webapp phase will happen next, once I'm done with this.

--
Stefano.