gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Favor for the Gump Project
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 02:03:33 GMT
Greg Wilkins wrote:

> Stefano,
>
> No problem applying that patch, as it just makes sealing configurable.

Thanks much!

> But I'm curious as to why you are getting this problem?   The servlet
> classes should not be in the org.mortbay.jetty.jar file.  They should
> only be in javax.servlet.jar.   If you have multiple sources of the
> servlet API, then perhaps it would be best to somehow only include
> one of them.  The Jetty servlet API files are taken directly from the
> apache geronimo project.

Believe me, we scratched our collective head on this for a while and we
went thru each and everyone of the dependencies and it comes out that
jetty is the only one that seals its jars, so it must be something to do
with it.

Now, it is possible to work around without you applying the patch?
honestly I don't know, that was my option #2 in case there was friction
in applying the patch.

> Eitherway, we will commit this patch shortly.

But since there is none, happy day! :-)

--
Stefano.