gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Selling Gump...
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:37:48 GMT
Eric Pugh wrote:

> To sum up..  Better marketing of Gump and easier use of a specific version
> of a Jar would really help Gump's acceptance and percieved value.

Yes, definately agree.

Here is my todo list:

  1) push for equilibrium [ongoing]
  2) push for metadata aggregation back in gump [ongoing, two modules
left, soon both will be resolved]
  3) separate the build part from the data presentation part [starting]
  4) implement continous building
  5) implement jar fallback

Note how #5 will allow us to move to the what you describe: the
convergence of continous integration and build systems.

I agree with Niclas, Gump needs better marketing.

The way I see it, Gump is a "cause->effect" amplifier. It should amplify
the "cause" of some effect on a project, either your own, or projects
you depend on.

For this to work properly, we need an tree in equilibrium and this is
what we should focus on first.

--
Stefano.