gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [warning] Brutus is out of disk!
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:07:09 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>This is because every different gump run uses a different workspace,
>>this doesn't need to be.
>

> Not sure this is accurate, unless they run at non-overlapping times or
> something. What is your thinking?

I thought about it again and there is one way to do things better, but
I'm not sure it works.

if your build.xml file is well designed, the build directory is not
fixed by it's something like ${build}. My thinking is: since every gump
run on brutus shares the same profile, they could well share the same
"sourcespace" and each one have a different "workspace" that is
basically "injected" into the build.xml files.

This might not be easy, though, since this is not something that ant
enforces but it's just a best practice (here, I suspect that mavenized
projects would be a lot easier to deal with)

Anyway, for now, I'll just move the kaffe run somewhere else.

I'm on #asfgump if you need me.

--
Stefano.