gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon build attempt.
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:28:23 GMT
Adam Jack wrote:

> Build from repository is a beautiful thing. Even though Beaver "broke" with
> a technicality (the LICENSE file was missing) Gump was able (and willing) to
> take the latest successful build of it from the repository. As such, even
> though we state Beaver is the "root cause" (despite not being a direct
> dependency), Cocoon still got a shot at a build.
>
>     http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/cocoon/index.html
>
> So, now we have some Cocoon issues to fix, it seems:
>

> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/cocoon/cocoon/gump_work/build_cocoon_cocoon.html

We have a problem.

Gump tried to build cocoon but it should *NOT* have! because a
dependency was not satisfied and it was not "beaver".

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-xmlutil/gump_work/build_excalibur_excalibur-xmlutil.html

The reason why cocoon fails is exactly that excalibur-xmlutil is not
present and gump should have figured that out.

I think that trying to build when the dependencies are not set it's more
harmful than useful.

--
Stefano.