gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [FYI] gadget dumps of the gump metadata
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 04:27:19 GMT
part of my day job is to deal with tons crappy XML, described by some
even crappier XMLSchema/DTD (most often not in synch!) and try to make
sense of it enough to transform it into RDF.

Since the above pattern can be applied to basically any XML dataset that
grew overtime, it applies very well to gump too :-)

So, here are the gadget dumps of the gump metadata (gadget is an "xml
inspector" tool that I wrote, for more info see
http://simile.mit.edu/gadget/)

I'm trying to get the DTDs up to date, but this might help others
figuring out what gump deals with.

NOTE: I definately inclined in transforming everything into RDF and work
from there... RDF is sooo much nicer (and easy to use if we use N3
instead of that stupid RDF/XML syntax) than this crappy XML markup we have.

Anyway, enjoy.

--
Stefano.