gump-general mailing list archives

From Gareth Webbley <gwebb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem running Apache Gump...
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:02:13 GMT
Hi Niclas,

I think the problem is the xmlParserAPIs project referenced in gump.xml which
it says is in package Jetty-5.0.beta2.  However there isn't a module
containing that project in metadata/project.  If I'm understanding this right
(and I'm fairly new to this so there's a good chance I'm not) then the
package reference is used by gump to determine the directory to find the
relevant packaged jars and the poject still needs to be included as a project
inside a module defined in metadata/project.  This would then tell gump the
name of the jar inside the package directory.

The problem I think has arisen due to the following line which has been added
to metadata/project/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum.xml.

<depend project="xmlParserAPIs"/>

The ws-axis project references it like this

<depend property="xmlParserAPIs.jar" project="xml-xerces" id="xml-parser"/>

I'm not sure if that will work for fulcrum or not.  If not then I guess the
xmlParserAPIs project needs to be defined in metadata/project. Given the
package reference in gump.xml it should probably be defined in jetty4.xml but
that seems like the wrong place to me.  I would have thought if any where it
should be defined in xml-xerces2.xml.

Hope this is of some help but if not please let me know where my understanding
is falling down.

Thanks & regards

Gareth Webbley