gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: project version changes and Maven WAS: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-commons.xml
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:17:31 GMT
On Tuesday 26 October 2004 17:50, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> > I'd really like to go down the track of having gump effectively run
> > "maven gump" for a project, then use the generated descriptor
> > instead.  What is involved in that from the gump end? I assume since
> > it happened for magic, it must be possible.
>
> It doesn't happen for Magic.  The projects using Magic do the
> equivalent of "maven gump" and add the generated descriptor to Gump's
> metadata set IIUC.

Yes, that is correct. If we had some better SVN support in Ant, the Gump
descriptor would be generated and committed automatically with every build.

Alternatively, Steve wanted Gump to ask Magic to generate the Gump descriptor
before executing, i.e. before building the project models. An alternative to
that, was we discussed to have a servlet generating it upon the http://
request, but that never took off either.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /