gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: project version changes and Maven WAS: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-commons.xml
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:19:13 GMT
On Tuesday 26 October 2004 16:34, Eric Pugh wrote:

> From my perspective, I see it as a major issue that the only way to create
> the gump descriptor is to have CVS access to gump.  Which is fine for ASF
> folks, but raises the bar for other outside to participate.  I can see, at
> least for the Maven POM projects, that building the gump descriptor at
> runtime would lower the barrier to participation.

I don't think this changes anything.
You would still need to instruct Gump to use Maven POM somewhere, which must
be done by ASF committers. And today, you can put in a module reference in
the profile/gump.xml that points to external source repositories, i.e. let
outside folks handle it.

Cheers
Niclas
--