gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: NoopInstrumentManager has moved incompatibly
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:57:34 GMT

So, Phoenix won't build completely from source.

So either
* package Phoenix as an installed package
* package the older excalibur instrument API in a package
* remove Phoenix and projects that depends on Phoenix,
* introduce Loom as a Phoenix replacement,
* other?

Cheers
Niclas

Subject: Re: NoopInstrumentManager has moved incompatibly
Date: Wednesday 20 October 2004 17:07
From: Peter Donald <peter@realityforge.org>
To: Excalibur Developers List <dev@excalibur.apache.org>

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sunday 17 October 2004 10:41, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>>Leif,
>>You have at some point made an incompatible change, by moving the
>>NoopInstrumentManager to a different package.
>
> Maybe this got buried in too many Gump messages.

If this is the change I think it was then the change was made close to 2
years ago and given that phoenix was no longer maintained, it ceased to
compile. I would axe phoenix from gump if possible otherwise you can
just depend on specific static version of instrument as a jar dependency.

--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /