gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: gump misbehaves
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:21:02 GMT
On Monday 04 October 2004 07:02, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> now it says that cocoon-block-asciiart didn't build because XOM didn't
> build. problem is that that block *DOES NOT* depend on XOM.
>
> This is starting to make me kinda concern.
>
> the old gump was a pain, but at least was working as expected.... damn.
>
> investigating some more..

The chain that I can find is;

cocoon-block-asciiart  -->  cocoon  -->  excalibur-xmlutil  -->  jaxen  -->
xom

( -->  == dependsOn )

i.e.  jaxen has compile errors where nu.xom is listed in compile errors
output.

So, yes there is a "root cause" of xom involved. A bigger problem is that the
'output' of Gump (IMHO) is very hard to follow, added to the fact that it
seems to be 'inconsistent' during an 'in-progress' execution, and executions
are going on most of the time... I.e. there is a very short window when all
the output is consistent and all there.

Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /