gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] fixing gump
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:46:34 GMT
On Monday 04 October 2004 01:29, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> So, what do you guys think: should gump metadata still reside in xml
> files or should it reside in a database and we have a web application on
> top that takes care of managing it?

What is known as Magic, an Ant 1.6 extension system with a strong project
model similar to Maven, generates the current Gump XML from the project
definition. Currently, this generation has to be run whenever the model
changes (which sometimes is forgotten), instead of just handing Gump the
model "on demand".

What would be really cool, is that Gump could query each module for the meta
data somehow, so that in case of Magicthe 'intermediary' step of creating the
xml of today could be skipped. That would also mean that the current xml, new
DB way, Magic, Maven and possibly other ways can co-exist.
In effect, it could be a 'pre-stage' to the 'build-stage' and that a DB
connection is handed over to some generator/updater.

My RM0.076

Cheers
Niclas
--