gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gump misbehaves
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:17:58 GMT
Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:

> On Monday 04 October 2004 07:02, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > now it says that cocoon-block-asciiart didn't build because XOM didn't
> > build. problem is that that block *DOES NOT* depend on XOM.
>
> The chain that I can find is;
>
> cocoon-block-asciiart  -->  cocoon  -->  excalibur-xmlutil  -->
jaxen  -->
> xom
>
> ( -->  == dependsOn )
>

> i.e.  jaxen has compile errors where nu.xom is listed in compile errors
> output.
>
> So, yes there is a "root cause" of xom involved.

Niclas, thanks for finding this, and correcting Stefano. I once documented
the 'path' (from root cause to affected project) but it chewed so many extra
cycles (back when Gump was limping along) that I pulled it. I could recover
it, but I'd rather it be calculated on demand via a dynamic query.

> A bigger problem is that the
> 'output' of Gump (IMHO) is very hard to follow, added to the fact that it
> seems to be 'inconsistent' during an 'in-progress' execution, and
executions
> are going on most of the time... I.e. there is a very short window when
all
> the output is consistent and all there.

Agreed. I've tried pretty hard to keep it reasonable, but I agree it is
confusing. Quite simply, we need dynamic queries into the results (MySQL
database or other) and stop overloading these static pages. We've pushed
them way too far.

regards,

Adam