gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project ant.xml barcode4j.xml depot.xml excalibur.xml gump.xml j2ee-connector.xml jaas.xml jakarta-cactus.xml jakarta-velocity.xml jstl-jsp-12.xml jts.xml jython.xml mx4j.xml scarab.xml ws-axis.xml ws-juddi.xml wss4j.xml xml-xalan.xml
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:50:34 GMT
> > I'm afraid you are doing too much cleanup and we rather need to adjust
> > the DTD.
>
> well, not so sure.

I do think the metadata has grown since those DTDs were written, and I agree
they need to grow.

> >>       <ant basedir="proposal/xdocs" target="docs-from-scratch">
> >>  -      <jvmarg value="-Xmx256m"/>
>
> This is the only occurence of this in the entire repository.
>
> Why doesn't anybody else has a problem with this?
>
> > should better be supported.
> >

> >>  -        <ant target="gump" debug="true">
> >>  +        <ant target="gump">
> >

> > Is supported by Gump (the Python incarnation) IIRC.
>
> This was used in 3/4 descriptors. I really don't understand why it
> should be a descriptor/based thing.

It allows user (perhaps with access to their metadata only, not running Gump
themselves) to request that Ant (or Maven or whatever) gives "verbose"
and/or "debug" levels of output. This is on the builders and the updaters.
[Sure, it would be nicer for folks to be able to interact with the Gump
instance to request this, but (as of today) we don't have a capability for
such workflows -- and this is simple.]

regards,

Adam