gump-general mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Avalon artifactIds (was Re: Excalibur & Gump/Maven)
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 03:27:42 GMT

Which
> > ought I pick? "avalon-framework-api" or "avalon-framework-legacy" or
> > "avalon-framework-impl"? Do we have a Gump/Maven disconnect here
(due to
> > changes in Avalon's artefacts) that needs to be updated in the
Excalibur
> > project.xml?

avalon-framework-api

  this project defines the client API (interfaces, exceptions,
  immutable datatypes, etc. dealing with component lifecycle concerns).

avalon-framework-legacy

  contains some deprecated classes that have structural dependencies
  on the avalon-logkit project. Is dependent on the framework api.

avalon-framework-impl

  an implementation of the framework api.  Is dependent on the
  framework api and framework-legacy.

As to what's needed by Excalibur Logging - you would need to ask someone
from the Excalibur project.

Stephen.