gump-general mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Some progress on Fulcrum Component Builds!
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:28:12 GMT

Over the last few months we have been working on getting everything very
consistent across the entire avalon codebase.  As far as the merlin-unit
package is concerned there are the following changes that effect gump
dependencies.

  1. the group/artifact name change
  2. changes to the content of the jar file (the 3.3.0 version
     is a composite jar that includes the dependent classes with
     the single jar whereas the current HEAD version requires the
     declaration of all dependencies (which is automatic in Magic
     but a PITA otherwise)

The jar packaging changes were introduced due to complication reported
by users - as we were seeing conflicts with respect to bootstrap
classloader content.  There is a solution to this in the pipeline with
will bring things back to a single dependency.

In the meantime I'm just chatting with niclas and we probably has a
solution for gump figured.

Cheers, Steve.

> Just as an FYI, my attempt to get fulcrum-crypto-api to build by
changing
> the dependency from avalon-merlin-unit to merlin-unit failed.  I guess
> that
> was reasonable enough.  So I have changed it back.  However, I saw
this
> usage (taken from avalon-trunk.xml):
>
> <depend project="avalon-merlin-unit"><noclasspath/></depend>
>
> So, I added that into my fulcrum-crypto-api section.
>
> At any rate, now all the plugins seem to be installed for Maven and
those
> errors are gone.
>
> Eric

project="avalon-merlin-