gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <stefan.bode...@freenet.de>
Subject Re: [nant-dev] Re: NAnt
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 07:24:25 GMT
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Jaroslaw Kowalski <jaak@zd.com.pl> wrote:

> See this article "Avoid DevPath" for info on why you should avoid
> DEVPATH
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/suzcook/archive/2003/08/15/57238.aspx

Thanks again.

,----
| It's not good for the dev. env., either - it makes it unnecessarily
| different from the shipping env., which may lead to uncaught
| versioning or deployment bugs in the shipping env.
`----

Is more or less the reason we run Gump.  We want to catch versioning
conflicts and backwards incompatible changes.  We want to run an
assembly against a version that it doesn't offically support.

But

,----
| So, DevPath is soon to be deprecated.
`----

probably is a show-stopper.

> I suggest that you do it the simple way - compile the all your
> apps/libraries to a single directory using it as both a target and a
> reference source and forget the GAC at all.

Will that work with Mono 1.0.1 installing NUnit 2.1.91 into the GAC as
it does on my Mac?  I guess it will at compile time, but not when I
run tests, right?

Stefan