gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR, httpd and gump
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:04:52 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>
>>I know next to nothing about python,
>
> So we are in the same boat here 8-)
>
>>The key thing seems to be the restriction where all scripts on unix
>>have to end in ".sh" for some reason,
>
> platform independency, like I said.  In reality I'm only aware of a
> single project that uses it, Ant to bootstrap itself.
>
>>which typically they don't do. Is it possible to remove this
>>restriction?
>
> Should be, but I'm not familiar enough with Python to try either.

It is not that complicated.  The current code looks like:

   # Add .sh  or .bat as appropriate to platform
   scriptfullname=scriptxml.name
   if not os.name == 'dos' and not os.name == 'nt':
       scriptfullname += '.sh'
   else:
       scriptfullname += '.bat'

One thing that would not be hard to add something like the following:

   if not os.path.exists(os.path.join(basedir, scriptfullname)):

- Sam Ruby