gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Gump longer-term progress
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:45:08 GMT
On Wednesday 22 September 2004 05:01, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> Please elaborate. I'm missing the picture you are painting.

1. Area graph (Excel terminology) is Line graphs with the area under it filled
with a color. And can be arranged in an accummulated manner, so that;
X-Axis is a timescal. From X-axis to first Line, it is for instance Red area
of all the failing projects. From Line1 to Line2 for instance Yellow area,
ADDING the number of Dep failed projects, and from Line2 to Line3 a Green
Area ADDING the number of successful projects. That would also mean that
Line3 == total projects, and Line2 == non-succcess projects.

2. I think Gump should just create the numbers and timestamp into a text file,
perhaps revolving buffer of a year or so. The SVG generation can happen in a
cron job, even once a day is more than enough.

3. I would say don't worry about converting the SVG to PNG. Many browsers
supports SVG-plugin from Adobe, which for me works on Konqueror, Mozilla and
FireFox (all Linux), and I think it will work on just about any one browser
with plugin support out there.

If you get Gump to generate the data file (any parsable format, but comma-sep
textfile is probably the easiest for you) I could jump in and put together
something that generates the SVG.

Cheers
Niclas
--