gump-general mailing list archives

From "Clayton Harbour" <claytonharb...@sporadicism.com>
Subject RE: [nant-dev] Re: NAnt
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:34:57 GMT
Hi Adam,

I managed to get a first cut at the bootstrap together.  I have only produced the Windows
batch file and just want you to take a look and make sure it is something you can use before
I work on the ?nix script.

There is a batch file attached (extension = .bad so hopefully it won't be stripped off) that
will compile a minimal NAnt and then build itself from that.  Just some notes on the setup:

    COMPILER_EXE: Full path to your compiler (these are defaulted to the default install locations
if not specified).

    LIB_REPOSITORY_DIR: Points to a directory with the contents of the bin directory, namely
(these will eventually be built if I understand correctly):
        bin\log4net.dll

        bin\lib\net\1.0\NDoc.Core.dll

        bin\lib\NUnitCore.dll
        bin\lib\net\1.0\nunit.core.dll
        bin\lib\net\1.0\nunit.framework.dll
        bin\lib\net\1.0\nunit.util.dll

        bin\lib\mono\1.0\nunit.core.dll
        bin\lib\mono\1.0\nunit.framework.dll
        bin\lib\mono\1.0\nunit.util.dll

        bin\scvs.exe
        bin\lib\ICSharpCode.SharpCvsLib.dll
        bin\lib\ICSharpCode.SharpCvsLib.dll

        NOTE: scvs.exe is not required to build NAnt

    NANT_CVS_DIR: Directory of the fresh NAnt checkout.

There are a couple of other parameters I am playing around with, namely FRAMEWORK_TYPE and
FRAMEWORK_VERSION.  I will probably add these when I can get mono to compile.  (Almost there,
I am getting an exception that makes me think it is grabbing the System.Web.dll from the ms
framework instead of the mono framework...so I might need to add a full path to that.)

Anyway, please take a look at the scripts and let me know if there are naming conventions
or anything else that should be sync'd up.

Also will the bootstrap sit in the gump repository or should it sit in the project (i.e. NAnt)
repository?

Cheers,

Clayton