gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [nant-dev] Re: NAnt
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:11:59 GMT
Stefan wrote:

> In Gump's case we probably can live with making sure that "our" version
> is used instead of the one in the GAC and DEVPATH seems to be a way to
> achieve that (I've only read the first paragraph of that article,
> though 8-).

Clayton Harbour and I chatted on irc.freenode.net:#asfgump this weekend, and
with Clayton's help we had a simple build of NAnt working (using an
installed NAnt on the %PATH%).

The Gump code ought attempt to generate an assemblies path, and as of a
moment ago attempts to pass it as DEVPATH. I've not entered sufficient
metadata to test this out, but hopefully we can add a log4net or similar to
see soon enough.

BTW: I made three quick tweaks to the Gump metadata. I'll document them once
we settle on them.

1) A project can have an attribute of language="csharp" (and this is needed
to generate lib path).

2) The workspace can have <dotnet framework="mono-1.0.1" /> to set the
framework (passed to NAnt, must be a recently nightly, using -t:).

3) <jar (http://gump.apache.org/metadata/project.html#jar) ought be able to
be replaced by <output or <assembly now.

Theoretically (once we add more metadata) one ought be able to be in the
Gump SVN root and do:

    gump.py -w metadata/gump-n.xml log4net  (with or without --debug)

to see things working.

regards,

Adam