gump-general mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: [RT] two wild thoughts
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 03:29:37 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe you should have used two RT threads with meaningful subjects?
>
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano <at> apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Wild Thought #1
> >
> > We now have Mono installed on Brutus.
>
> The Ant tests show that it doesn't work very well, in particular it
> fails on stuff that works perfectly well in my installations.  So
> maybe Debian's Mono package really isn't ready for prime time, yet.
>
> > We just need to download the ikvm[1] and try to run our java tools
> > on top of a "virtual" java virtual machine running on top of Mono.
>
> +1 once Mono really works on Brutus.

We've had something like that for Kaffe[1] for a brief moment made by Jim Pick.
See http://www.kaffe.org/~jim/kaffe-gump/ for the scripts, and
http://www.kaffe.org/~jim/gump/log/ for the output. Jim has offered to host
devel.classpath.org on a beefed up kaffe.org server, and we may have a gump
setup there, too, eventually.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] Always use the CVS head, we're too busy hacking to do releases ;)