gump-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spam hijacking Gump content...
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:11:22 GMT
--On Wednesday, August 4, 2004 11:49 AM -0700 "Adam R. B. Jack"
<ajack@apache.org> wrote:

> This is a new one on me (and new for Gump, I believe). Gump's content was
> cloned to carry a bogus URL.
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apac
> he.org&msgNo=54193
>
> Note the nasty little URL inserted at the top of the mail...

Clever.  Did they just take a message in the archive and prepend that line?

Not sure what we can do about that.  Especially if they are forging the
envelope headers to be someone on the list.  *shrug*

How does Gump feel about digital signatures of its messages?  ;-)  -- justin