gump-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <nore...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: BATCH: All dressed up, with nowhere to go...
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:42:42 GMT
At 11:45 AM 8/23/2004, you wrote:
>Dear Gumpmeisters,
>
>The following 13 notifys should have been sent
>
>*********************************************************** G U M P
[snip]
>[GUMP@brutus]: jetty/jetty-plus failed
>*********************************************************** G U M P
[snip]

Regarding the jetty-plus build failure, I would like to note that as far as
log4j tests are concerned, we are not interested in the jetty API but its
ability to act as a web-server with JNDI support. From our perspective, it
would be sufficient to link to jetty-plus.jar without building jetty afresh
each day. In other words, we are more interested in gumps ability to run
test scripts regularly on different platforms rather then its ability to
track API changes and resolve compatibility issues. These are related but
distinct goals.

Just my 2c.

--
Ceki Gülcü