gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject RE: what's happening with notification?
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:40:38 GMT
>> - that plus hiking 50lbs of water uphill 5.5 miles to my hunting spot.
>
> Ouch!

Yeah, but I was still smiling at being in some beautiful countryside. :)

>> (staying at 1, the magic number for notifying) when I ported it to
> RDBMS
>> from DBM.
>
> Yep - was wondering about that.  So that is what was triggering the
> repetition of the messages.

Yeah, the logic is to tell folks the first time something is noticed (plus also, for failures,
again nightly at official run). 'The first time' is determined by 'sequence in state' so if
that never increments we get the Groundhog day effect...

>  I don't know if this is related but there
> does seem to be a problem with respect to dates presented for start and
> finish time.  Basically the run kicks of, and the start and current time
> is shown, but when the run finishes, the end time reverts back to the
> same value as the start time.  Secondly (but probably unrelated) times
> are presented as  UTC but they appear to be PST.

Yup, I decided to allow the DBM to RDBMS change to provoke a secs since epoch (int) to datetime.datetime
change. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it ny on killed me, it permeated so far (at
I time I had little time). Times do need a cleanup, I'll enter that into JIRA.

Thanks for the observations, keep them coming.

regards

Adam