gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] a strategy for better gump action/reaction analysis
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 06:26:43 GMT
On Saturday 14 August 2004 08:39, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> BTW: We have the ability to do this cross-post notification only upon the
> first occurence of the event, and from then on 'nag' the breaking product
> ('cos it is the one that owns the issue, IMHO).

Example;
BCEL made an incompatible change in a method signature (now throwing a checked
Exception), which sits in the CVS tree, but is not in the released package.
Excalibur used that method, and broke.
Why is Excalibur the 'owner of the issue'?? BCEL is the one who should fix it,
either by making a 6.0 release, or make the change in a compatible fashion.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /