gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: re-org
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:16:48 GMT
Stefano replied:

>> Any preference on if we keep ./python/gump or move to ./gump. [I go back
>> and forth]
>
> I would strongly suggest to remove all mentions to programming language,
> unless there is a clear need to do so but this doesn't seem like the case
> here.

I will try to get to it. I am shy of doing this 'cos last time I tried, SVN crapped out part
way. Perhaps some resource thing with such a big move, or something. Maybe I'll try it commandline
on ASF hardware, so no network woes to add to the problem.

>> Any preference for the main scripts (entry points) to be in bin, or in
>> root? [I think bin, to follow what Nicola started.]
>
> I would like to have *one* script, in root, called "gump" that did everything
> (and may call other scripts in ./bin, I don't care).

Ok, well you now have one script in the root doign the main thing (a full run). It is the
same as the cron/gump.py except meant for humans (so gives output). ["Yahoo, about darn time",
shouts Nicola in the distance. ;-) ]

Mind you, it could (perhaps) do with being merged with Nicola's gmp.sh work in bin, which
gives full access to everything. Still, it is a step in the right direction.

regards

Adam