gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spam hijacking Gump content...
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:33:48 GMT
>> Note the nasty little URL inserted at the top of the mail...
>
> Clever.  Did they just take a message in the archive and prepend that line?

I suspect they simply subscribed, and replied to the mail Gump just sent.
That makes it seem a human action. That said, I've not examined headers or
anything to know. Ought the Jakarta PMC be notified? Sorry if it is an
FAQ, but was do we do with such content (links) in our archives?

> Not sure what we can do about that.  Especially if they are forging the
> envelope headers to be someone on the list.  *shrug*
>
> How does Gump feel about digital signatures of its messages?  ;-)  -- justin

Increasingly open minded. ;-) If there is anything Gump can do to make
this more difficult, please let us know. Interestingly though, I can't
imagine that this isn't doable with any mail thread, not just Gump
messages. I just happened to stumble onto this one 'cos I read try to
read Gump initiated threads.

regards

Adam