gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Traditional 'Branch'
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:51:32 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> As long as we keep the history of "traditional" in CVS I don't care
> too much whether it gets migrated to SVN at all.  It's not as if we'd
> remove the CVS module completely, it will just become unused.

Several people I know here at MIT are working on tools for data
analysis, sort of digital archeology projects. Migrating everything in
one shot will make them a lot happier and will not hurt us at all.

CVS can be preserved, but down the line it will be frozen and probably
disabled and archived, this will make it much harder for them to have
access to this historical information.

These digital historians are our friends, we should treat them well ;-)

--
Stefano.