gump-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject sanity check
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:25:00 GMT

Hi again!

I've just committed some changes to avalon-tools.xml.  Basically we now
have three projects defined:

    * avalon-tools-magic-bootstrap
    * avalon-tools-magic-home
    * avalon-tools-magic

avalon-tools-magic-bootstrap
----------------------------

This should build the magic jar.  It assumes the ant and junit will be
in the classpath.  We can edit this definition as much as we want.

avalon-tools-magic-home
-----------------------

Uses the same buildfile as bootstrap to create and populate a directory
with doc generation themes and magic build template and sets the created
directory as the project <home/>.  All generated project definitions
reference this project as a dependency (with inherit="runtime") and use
the home reference as the value assigned to ${magic.home}.  This
definition is also changeable.

avalon-tools-magic

This is a generated gump project definition that is only included for
the purpose of testing the logic in the generation code.  I.e. if there
are problems with this definition I'll need to update Magic's gump task.
  The definition is a strait cut-and-past from this file:

   http://www.apache.org/~mcconnell/temp/gump.xml

Everything is now committed so I guess there will be something
interesting to look at in the morning.  In the meantime if anyone can
see any immediate issue I'd love to hear about them.

Cheers, Steve.