gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: module centric output ...?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 12:19:16 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> I have two projects that don't produce jars - instead they generate
> documentation into a common repository.  For a gump run I can setup the
> repository relative to the module srcdir ... but I haven't figured out
> how to declare a non-home based resources via the gump project descriptor.

how about

   http://gump.apache.org/metadata/builder.html#property

you have one gump project that is the repository, then the other
projects have a <project/> referencing it...

<project name="my-repo">
   <home ../>
   <blah ../>
</project>

<project name="non-code-component-A">
   <ant>
     <property name="repo.dir" project="my-repo" reference="home"/>
   </ant>
</project>

<project name="non-code-component-B">
   <ant>
     <property name="repo.dir" project="my-repo" reference="home"/>
   </ant>
</project>

If you want my-repo to show up as a dependency on the project, I /think/
you need to also have a seperate depend tag:

<project name="my-repo">
   <home ../>
   <blah ../>
</project>

<project name="non-code-component-A">
   <ant>
     <property name="repo.dir" project="my-repo" reference="home"/>
   </ant>
   <depend project="my-repo"/>
</project>

<project name="non-code-component-B">
   <ant>
     <property name="repo.dir" project="my-repo" reference="home"/>
   </ant>
    <depend project="my-repo"/>
</project>

cheers,