gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [Javagroups-development] javagroups/turbine-jcs issue on Gump
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:16:00 GMT
Bela Ban <belaban@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I removed some deprecated method. Those should be easy to change though.
>
> >    [javac]
>
>/usr/local/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-turbine-jcs/src/java/org/apache/jc
> >/auxiliary/lateral/javagroups/LateralJGSender.java:183: cannot resolve

So it has been deprecated for a while? Are you asking folks (like
turbine-jcs) to move off them?

Do you mind if I dig into this a bit? [A recent example of finally
deprecating methods (done by log4j after two years of deprecation) showed
that this issue is non-trivial, if we are to avoid Jar Hell in the field.]

Can you tell us what (if any) released versions of Javagroups this method is
in, and if there is a replacement approach, what (if any) released versions
of Javagroups is that method in? If we are lucky the new method has
sufficient 'history' that 'most reasonable jars out there' have the new
method, so if folks migrate, they are least likely to hit the problem.
Basically, the issue is neither Javagroups nor turbine=jcs, but the
environments that folks are running these two within.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Adam