gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Dymystifying Gump Code...
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:56:44 GMT
> > It is clear that for Python Gump to flourish, it's code needs to be
clear &
> > documented (to make it readable/understandable to Java programmers). It
need
> > to be transparent, and accessible. I'll do my best to help with that.
>
> Could you also post a link to a Python-to-Java translator??  :o)

Read right to left. ;-)

http://www.daimi.au.dk/~chili/CSS/pythonForJavaProgrammers.htm
http://www.razorvine.net/python/PythonComparedToJava

> Honestly, I am not capable of learn any more languages. I am an old
> dog, and not interested in learning it. By the time Java is no longer
> a "job opportunity" or fun, I will retire to fishing. Is that
> understandable?

Niclas, I understand. I should've said 'make it readable/understandable to
Java programmers' ... ' who care to read it'. For those who don't, then I'll
try to make Gump documented clearly enough (at user level) to work for you.
(Not knowing Python doesn't stop folk from using a MoinMoin Wiki. Hopefully,
I can achieve that for Gump users.)

The world doesn't wait for us old dogs to retire. Maybe I'm just hoping to
ride out a tad longer.  ;-)

regards,

Adam