gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Traditional 'Branch'
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:58:47 GMT
> Go for it.
>
> SVN rulez and it's very well integrated with IDEs now and many apache
> projects are moving.

I read this to mean you'd like to see Gump migrated to SVN. I could read
your respones as saying, do my 'CVS branch' step first, since it is a move
in the general directon, but I am guessing I'm stretching your intentions.
Could you re-read and see that I meant, do a long lived CVS branch for
Traditional, whilst I clean-up CVS HEAD to be pure Python, prior to a future
SVN move.

> And, besides, there is not that thousands of people updating their
> descriptors anyway ;-)

Yeah, but concensus was -- if SVN was a barrier for anybody (and we know it
is becoming less and less w/ more projects in SVN) we ought keep metadata in
CVS for a while longer.

> Actually, i think that a better refactoring of the repository could help
> people getting up to speed too, because the tree is currently a mess.

That I do believe! [I also hate having to download a big fat Java xerces
that I never use any more.]

regards,

Adam