gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Traditional 'Branch'
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:17:51 GMT
All,

We've discussed various ways to separate Traditional from Python, so we can
re-organize directories, clean-up and focus on extensions to the current
base. We've discussed moving Python Gump out to SVN, and we've discussed
moving the metadata to a separate CVS module. I suspect these will be a bit
of logistical pain, although worth doing one day.

I wonder if the following has some mileage (at least as a transitional
solution). Create a branch for Traditional, and leave that branch in place
long term. I do not know CVS well enough to know if this is poor form (if
branches ought be short term) but the merits are that folks who wish to keep
traditional can change their CVS tag to get it, but can also fix and minor
nits, etc.

If we did this, I'd like to start cleaning up the root directories, removing
things no longer used (which would make my modem happy on checkouts), and
perhaps moving the python sub-directories' contents up one.

Thoughts?

regards

Adam
--