gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/python/gump/svg depdiag.py
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:41:28 GMT
> 7) Attempted to unlink the DOM tree for a project (once 'completed' into
> objects) to conserver memory & reduce the number of objects tracked by the
> garbage collection from over 350,000! See ' Garbage Collector Tracked' @
> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/

Once completed (there were a couple of places we accessed the DOM after
unlinked/shutdown) this dropped the number of objects managed by garbage
collection by over 100,000 (and shaved another 20 minutes off the run time.)
Run size seems down to 43M from 56M.

One day I'll try to figure out what on earth is responsible for the
remaining 200+ thousand objects & see if any can be trimmed.

regards,

Adam