gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Here's a wild idea
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:51:05 GMT
> The easiest thing is that for every project it spits out another page
> with included only the icon, so that projects can simply include that
> with Apache include in the pages they want.

Our we could maintain an icon at a known place,

    {root}/module/project/state.png

Where we'd clearly want to uses the gump c-name to proxy pass, and not
brutus in {root}.

That said, maybe there is more fun to have w/ a less easy solutions. :)
Maybe Stefano's blog entry gives both cautions and ideas. Perhaps we could
dynamically create an image w/ state and things like a date (or something):

    http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/linotype/news/66/

BTW: I've wonder if a 'Community Gumped' icon like the 'built with forrest'
one would be good. We could have folks link that to 'their' gump page, so
folks can double check. This would be less interactive, but also less
network intensive.

BTW: Didn't we say that after we went TLP we'd look at some sort of
marketing/logos/icons/catch phrases like this? Have some form of competition
asking for ideas?

regards,

Adam