gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Traditional 'Branch'
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:08:29 GMT
> CVS can be preserved, but down the line it will be frozen and probably
> disabled and archived, this will make it much harder for them to have
> access to this historical information.

It also dawned on me that once we finally decide to migrate Gump metadata
also to SVN, and disable/archive CVS, we'll have nowhere to cvs2svn the code
history (since the SVN code repository would already be up and running).

> These digital historians are our friends, we should treat them well ;-)

I agree.

As such, I agree to :

> No, please, do this instead:
>
>   1) We ask for a gump tree in SVN [letting them know we'll keep the gump
module in CVS]
>   2) use cvs2svn to migrate gump CVS over gump SVN
>   3) tag gump CVS as "PRE_SVN_MIGRATION"
>   4) remove everything from gump CVS that is not metadata
>   5) cleanup the gump SVN repository as you wish

And I appreciate this next :)

> All right, I volunteer to help with 2).

I figure we've most likely heard from as many people as are intimate and
care, we have a suitable consensus, and this has been out there long enough
(weeks) if others had alternate opinions. As such, so I'll proceed with the
request to infrastructure, under the unofficial basis of JFDI (Just ... do
it) and copy pmc@gump in case folks differ.

regards,

Adam